How can Focus ACT support you?
Search for services or keywords
Focus ACT’s Services
Focus ACT works with our clients to provide a range of services, including assistance with daily living, community participation and household and domestic support to ensure our clients are able to live independently in the Canberra community.
Your Home Canberra
Your Home Canberra works alongside Focus ACT to provide affordable, accessible houses, townhouses and units across Canberra. Our aim is to help our clients find and maintain a home for the long-term.
Who do we work with?
Focus ACT can assist if you:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Are eligible for an NDIS plan
- Are seeking a suitable home to live in
- Require support to live independently in the community
- Have the desire to learn and develop independent living skills
- Are respectful towards housemates and support staff and share our values
- Are eligible for social housing
How can we help you?
Focus ACT can help you to:
- Stay healthy and eat properly.
- Take medication when you need to.
- Keep appointments.
- Learn how to keep your home clean and safe.
- Learn how to use public transport.
- Do your shopping and pay your bills.
- Keep in touch with family and friends.
- Have fun going places and doing things in the community.
Recent News from Focus ACT
Focus ACT Staff Council
The Focus Staff Council was established at the start of the new financial year. The Council is represented by casual staff who are elected by their peers and is led by a Chairperson elected by the other members. The primary aim of establishing the Staff…Read More
Launch of Focus ACT’s Client and Guardian Portal
Focus Point was launched in September 2017 at the annual Focus ACT seminar for clients, staff and stakeholders. Focus Point is a web-based portal that contains key information relating to clients including NDIS plan details, a goal tracker, staff roster details, shift information and even…Read More
Focus ACT New Office Launch
On 28 April 2017, Focus welcomed clients, their families and guardians, staff, stakeholders and Board Directors to its newly renovated office in Deakin. The office renovation was part of Focus’ expansion and growth in the sector, creating more opportunities for clients and staff. The new…Read More
Focus ACT Support Worker of the Year 2016
Every year Focus ACT recognises the outstanding contributions made by direct support workers to Focus clients. The Support Worker of the Year is picked from the recipients of the Support Worker of the Quarter award. The winners are nominated by clients, guardians, family members and…Read More
Launch of Flowlogic
Watch a short message from our team about the launch of the new Flowlogic system for Focus ACT’s staff and clients.Read More