Co-ordinator (Disability Support Work Manager): Full-time permanent role
We are looking for an outstanding person who can manage the day-to-day work of our disability support workers, who support our clients with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities in their homes and in the Canberra community.
The role involves active management of support workers, and significant engagement with our clients and their NDIS plans. Your work will be based in our Deakin office, and you will travel regularly to client homes across the ACT. The position also involves some on call work for a week at a time including a weekend, five or six weeks a year. A full duty statement is available to DOWNLOAD BELOW.
Specifically, we are only interested in people who:
- Have a genuine passion for working with people with disabilities;
- Are experienced team leaders, able to inspire and lead their teams;
- Are calm, organised and confident;
- Bring good judgement to their work;
- Have exceptional communication skills- articulate, well-developed written skills and verbal communications skills to suit a wide variety of situations and people.
- Are able to develop and maintain highly productive work relationships with staff, clients and colleagues.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated experience at successfully managing and resolving crises.
- Have a working knowledge of the NDIS, Practice Standards and Quality Indicators and Restrictive practices.
- Are experienced at developing service agreements and service quotes and have experience in implementing service agreements successfully.
We also have a range of mandatory requirements for anyone working in the disability sector, and these must all be current.
Salary package: $70,000+ (SCHADS Award SACS Level 5) plus superannuation. We also offer excellent salary packaging options.
Work location – Based in Deakin, ACT, with regular local travel within the ACT required.
More detailed information– full duty statement and selection criteria is available below.
If you have questions, please ring Nora Stewart, Talent Development Analyst on 04911 64514.
We are seeking to fill this role by mid-December 2019, so shortlisted candidates should prepare to make themselves available to meet with Focus ACT within the next few weeks.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE Monday 25th November 5 PM sharp.